1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Took a 2 week trip by myself. I was visiting family but it was my first time to Guam without ANYONE.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't generally make NY resolutions. I just wish for the best year possible.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Two of my girlfriends had babies this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my aunt and godmother, Janet. She died suddenly of a stroke and anyeurism. I miss her so much.
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada and Guam (tho Guam doesn't really qualify as another country, I did fly 13.5 hours to get there)
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A less hectic schedule? With all of the kids' therapies, school, & my workout schedule, we were running around a lot and there wasn't much of a chance to just hang out together and be lazy. Although I'm grateful for all the things we did do and the fact that I was able to stay home with my kids so we could run around and do these things!
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 2010 when my aunt passed away.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing 19 pounds.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I would say that with my hectic schedule, I wasn't around for my friends as much as I would have liked. My friend E and I are like sisters and there was a little strain on our relationship, mainly because of our conflicting schedules and my unavailability. I feel sad about that.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My knees got knocked out when I was taking Aaron out of his car seat. I reached in to take him out and Roman didn't see me and closed the car door behind me. It knocked both of my knees into my SUV causing really bad bruising and some PT when I started working out. My left knee still gives me trouble occasionally! R felt so bad about it. :( He kept apologizing and tellinge me he didn't see me when he closed the car door.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
airline tickets. I love to travel and I probably went on six trips this year.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Roman's. We've seen a huge improvement in his development and behaviior after implementing PT, OT and Speech Therapy. He's almost a different kid! The speech has been the best. He had an expressive language delay and now he spouts off about his day, is really descriptive about things, etc. I didn't even know he had a delay since he didn't have trouble actually talking. He just had trouble getting the words out.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I can't think of anyone, which makes me really happy!
14. Where did most of your money go?
On my Amex for all of the traveling I've been doing!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Running a 5K in under 30 minutes. That was a huge accomplishment for me!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Candlelight by the Maccabeats (the Hanukkah song parody on YouTube that my kids made me play over and over and over again)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner
iii. richer or poorer? just a tad richer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
read. I fell off the bandwagon in September--I probably read 30 books this year, but it wasn't as much as my 50 books last year. I would love to read more!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
yelling at my kids.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family and ILs in Redmond.
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Survivor
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone.
26. What was the best book you read?
Still Alice by Lisa Genova
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Dirty Heads
28. What did you want and get?
A slim body
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter 7?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
How sad is it that I don't remember what I did for my birthday? And I don't have an LJ entry to remind me? I turned 33 so obviously not a big birthday by any means. :)
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Fewer friends and family who have suffered. This was seriously a horrible year for so many friends that it broke my heart each time I heard of some new bad news from someone.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Nicer jeans. I've splurged on some premium denim in the last three months! Also, a few sparkly items that have been the trend. Oh, and short booties. I actually bought a pair (never thought I'd do that) and love them.
34. What kept you sane?
Girls nights out.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The abysmal state of our public school system (on a national level)
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Mindie, a gal who works with Steve. We bonded at his xmas party and will definitely get together in the new year. We instantly clicked! Love people like that.
39. A valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Stolen from Amy--Sounds cliched but life is so precious, you never know when the rug will be pulled out from under you, so you MUST live in the now.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I see you shine in your own way, go on, go on, go on.